Sunday, April 10, 2011

smoke room

Last week, Tokomaru School walked to the Tokomaru fire station for a visit.
While we were at the fire station the fire men and woman told us how to be fire wise. they told us how to get down, get low, get out and stay out and we got to practice that in the smoke room.
The smoke room is a room full of peanut oil smoke that comes out of a special smoke machine and you have to practice getting down getting low getting out and staying out. I went in with Jayde, Moio, Lauren, Cheymani and Jono. We got a lolly pop and juice when we got out and when we got out the second time we got the same but we also got a fire wise activity book.
They also told us about how candles are sort of dangerous and where and where not to put them.
We had a photo by the fire truck and after we got certificates and we walked back to school.
I hope you enjoy this video!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Grace, nice recount! My favourite part of that is the introductio. And I did like the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoyed going to the fire staation and like your lollypop and your jucie and I hope enjoyed the time in smoke room.

    kind reagards mason

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool story! oh your lucky you got a lolly pop! and the vidio was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great recount grace. I like your intro. I also liked the video two. hope you liked your lolly pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are lucky that you got a lollipop and the video was awesome and you did an awesome recount and i hope you enjoyed the juice!

    ReplyDelete